I’m kind of horrible. Star Guy nominated me for a Real Neat Blog Award…back in March. I swore I would never let these go unnoticed and I would always participate, so here I am! Two-ish months later. April was just horrible due to getting a bad flu, going to Celebration and then having bad allergies the last week so I feel like that month is a wipeout.
I do want to thank Star Guy for nominating me and I “will do what I must” in participating.
The rules are as follows:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
Star Guys questions for me:
- What is your favorite word?
My favorite word isn’t even in English, but you didn’t specify language: Namárië. It’s Elvish for “Farewell” in the high speech of Quenya but can be literally translated as “to goodness”, which I love more than Farewell. For those of you who need a quick rundown on Elvish, Quenya is the language of high elves, whereas Sindarin was more common in Middle Earth as a dialect. Eventually Quenya was just used for poetry and songs and Sindarin turned into the standard dialect. I’m a little hazy but I think all those facts are right. How do I know this? Good question. I was determined to learn Elvish fluently during 9th-10th grade. It didn’t work but I do remember some phrases, words and facts.
- What makes you laugh?
My husband. He can always make me laugh. Not many people realize how funny he is when they meet him, but the more they get to know him the more they realize that he’s actually pretty funny.
Other than that, I love Aziz Ansari, Louis C.K., and Parks and Rec (which actually has both Aziz and Louis in it so win-win). Without fail, they will make me laugh to the point of crying.
- What is your least favorite word/abbreviation (i.e. LOL)?
I hate it when people write “o i c” in an internet/IM conversation. Really? You can’t write “Oh I see”? Those extra 3 letters are too difficult?? For some reason that really pisses me off.
- Excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
No answer necessary.
I also liked how you didn’t put Episode VII in there. I’m still trying to break that habit but I can’t find any solid evidence that it’s not Episode VII or that it is Episode VII. Logically, it’s Episode VII because it’s after VI…or IS it?? Maybe they are leaving it ambiguous so they can put a different trilogy between them.
- Would you go here, or somewhere else?
(There was a picture of Lord Howe Island, Australia)
Is it free? If it’s free and I have no choice, sign me up, hell yeah, happy to go. If I have to pay for it, probably somewhere else since I’ve gone to Australia quite a few times, though never Lord Howe Island, and it’s expensive. If it was free but I had any choice in the world, probably still somewhere else…like Ireland and London (next on my big trip list!).
- Favorite hobby?
Just Star Wars stuff. I like writing in this blog and going to conventions when I get to.
- What is the best idea you’ve had? (as in, why has nobody invented that yet?)
Um, teleportation, obvs. But I’m sure other people have had that great idea but it really does make me think…why has nobody invented that yet?
I guess another one would be a real life landspeeder. When I was younger, I thought all you have to do is place fans underneath a vehicle. I still kind of think that’s the easiest way to solve our gasoline problem. FANS! They could potentially be the solution for everything…
Put some fans on it!
Okay! I’m done. Fascinating tidbits about me right? Yawn.
Here are the latest three blogs I’ve followed that I think are real neat and you should check them out:
If you three decide to participate (I won’t be insulted if you don’t), then here are your questions:
- What is one of the most embarrassing things to happen to you? (Note: I didn’t say THE most embarrassing, just one of the most embarrassing)
- What’s your favorite book? Why?
- Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What would be your ideal date?
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- What’s your favorite candy? Not dessert, candy. Like Halloween candy.
Okay, my only requirement is that if you DO participate, please let me know when your post is up! I’d love to read your answers.