This Saturday I am going to watch ANH … with someone who has NEVER seen any of the Star Wars movies before. I am SO excited. This is the first time I’ve ever had an experience like this. My plan is to observe reactions and ask some questions at the end of the movie.
Here’s where you guys come in. What should I ask her at the end of the movie beyond the usual “What did you think?”? I really want to make this an experiment…I mean, her life is about to be changed forever! I want this to be almost like an interview process, unless she gets completely freaked out and annoyed (both of which could happen) and then I’ll have to stop my questions.
So if you could ask someone questions who has just seen ANH for the first time ever, what would you ask? Here are my initial thoughts:
- Did you enjoy the movie?
- What was your least favorite part of the movie?
- Who was your favorite character? Why?
- Do you think Star Wars is relatable to our lives?
- What do you have questions on? (I won’t answer anything that will be answered in later movies)
- Why do you think Star Wars has such a large following?
- Do you think the movies are catered to children or adults? Why?
- Do you think the movies are catered more for men or women? Why? (really interested in the answer to this one)
That’s what I could think of off the top of my head. I will report back next week on how it went and her thoughts! Let me know if I should include any other questions…
P.S. I’ve written about what order to watch it in for a newbie and we’re doing the order it was released as we continue with the saga. I tried to force The Machete Theory for this saga viewing, but Mr. R. put his foot down on that. ONE DAY I hope to get some newbie to watch it in that order just to see what it’s like. Maybe I should just do it myself?