I received two Liebster awards this week. TWO! That’s crazy. The first one I received was in December 2013 and I thought that would be the end of that. Nope, two more wonderful people have nominated me again: Glitch and Mei-Mei. Glitch is a new follower of mine so I really appreciate the shout out from him. Mei-Mei has been a following my blog for a long time, and I hers, so I appreciate the longstanding relationship I have with another blogger that I’ve never met. So thank you to both of you!
Really, I think these awards are more about the relationships you develop with other bloggers across the community. Which is why I chose that quote by Jesse Owens to headline this post…there would be no award without friends and followers, so really, I’m appreciative that this little ol’ blog has that many friends.
And now I’ll answer the questions posed and we can all move on to Star Wars.
- What is your favorite color? A very faint, light purple.
- Favorite food? Spaghetti. There are two ways that I love to have it: Spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti and a garlic oil sauce with crushed red pepper flakes and prosciutto.
- Favorite movie? Is that even a question? If I had to be more specific, it would be ESB. See this post for my rankings.
- Favorite book/series? I used to love Katherine by Anya Seton. It is slowly dwindling as my favorite novel because I’ve changed as a person. Now I think it would be the LOTR, Harry Potter series, and the Liveship Traders series.
- Favorite subject in school? I loved Earth Science in college and English in high school.
- Favorite music? Country music! Seriously, that’s not a joke. My current favorite song is Drunk on a Plane by Dierks Bentley. However, overall, right now I’m totally digging my Enya station on Pandora because it’s great for yoga and plays cool movie themes like lotr and Gladiator.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? No comment.
- Science Fiction or Reality TV? Oh goodness. If we are just talking TV, probably reality TV. I love zoning out to Chopped.
- Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? (Movies) LOTR! You do not want to get me started on the Hobbit movies.
- Xbox, PlayStation, or PC? Eh. I don’t really play video games. I was hella good at Mario Kart though, but gamecube and Wii are not an option here. I’ll say Xbox because I love Dance Central.
- Do you like Jar Jar Binks? Hmmmm. No. That said – I don’t hate him as others do! But I don’t like him either.
Why did you decide to blog in the first place?
I started my Star Wars blog on the starwars.com hyperspace about 8 years ago. I took a break for a while in college because I couldn’t keep up. I started it again, but then it was shut down because starwars.com discontinued hyperspace. I took another break but then realized that I needed an outlet for my obsession, so wandered onto WordPress. That was two years ago and I haven’t looked back.
Name three of your pastimes or hobbies.
- Attending sci-fi conventions and Ren Faires (though I’ve been to 0 this year because starting my own business has been exhausting)
- Reading. Like Mei-Mei said, does that count? It’s something I’ve done my whole life and love, so I’m going to include it.
If you could interview anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
George Lucas. Because he created Star Wars.
Do you have any pets? If not, what would you consider getting?
Dog – Chewie. Sweetest thing ever.
Bird – Peanut. Meanest thing ever.
What is your favorite movie and why?
What is your favorite comic book and why? (If you don’t read comics, just name a favorite book).
I used to be really into comic books from about the ages 12-18. I loved the Black Widow comics because Natasha could kick ass and had red hair.
What is your favorite Youtube channel?
Jenna Marbles and Lindsey Stirling.
If you could cosplay as any character, who would it be and why?
And elf from lotr. As much as I’m not into Tauriel, I love those elf costumes. They would just take too much effort to make.
What is your favorite topic to write about?
Star Wars. I’ve lately been forcing myself to write about business on my VA blog, but it’s not half as fun. It’s starting to get a little more interesting but it doesn’t flow.
What’s your favorite fandom?
Finally, here are some other blogs that I nominate for a Liebster Award. Do not feel pressured to accept and/or participate, I just want to spread the love for smaller blogs:
- Favorite TV show as a kid?
- Favorite local sports team?
- Your theme song is:
- Beer, wine or liquor?
- The movie version of my life would be titled:
- If I could have one superpower, it would be:
- It’s a Saturday morning at 10am. If I’m not sleeping, I’m:
- Something I said I’d never do, but did anyway was:
- If they could bottle my personality, the label would read:
- One thing people are surprised to find out about me is:
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go to: