Let me say…you guys all gave me great ideas for monthly goals. I’m still working on my list from your suggestions plus online browsing. There’s actually a blogger, twelvemonthsoflent, who has already thought of this and keeps a blog of her 30 day challenges. I was happy to see that I was not the only one who had thought of this 30-day resolution idea and that someone had gone on ahead before me and paved a path. A lot of her goals were similar to ones I was looking for, except for the working out stuff. (I work out plenty, trust me. I should probably make a goal to not work out at all for 30 days, but I can’t see that being healthy physically or emotionally for me. Once I didn’t work out for 2.5 weeks on doctor’s orders and I turned realllllly crabby. Not a pretty sight.) I will definitely update you all on what I end up deciding!
On to other news, Minavilly aka The Jedi Librarian, nominated me for a Liebster Award. Aw, shucks, thanks! I actually had to look up “liebster” because I had no idea what that meant. In case you’re wondering, it means “favorite or beloved”. Cool beans. Thankfully, Minavilly said that I don’t have to nominate anyone if I don’t have to, and though that seems like a real spoilsport, I appreciate the pressure being taken off. Thanks, Minavilly! I always sit there trying to find people who fit the criteria of the awards and it’s a waste of brainpower for me.
So without further ado…
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I can’t hear out of my left ear. Actually, I think I have 13% hearing or something ridiculous, but it wasn’t always the case. I lost my hearing in that ear when I was 19 by getting “sudden hearing loss”. Self explanatory. It has made my life more difficult, but out of many things that could have happened to me, it’s easier having a minor handicap that nobody sees. Problems only happen in large crowds, pubs, conventions, etc. I just cannot hear you unless you are directly on my right side.
- I love puns.
- This has probably been said at some point before during my blog, but my day job is an Executive Assistant to a CEO.
- I love summer. It’s my favorite season. I’m almost always cold so having a hot, humid day does more for my soul than any other weather. But it’s also why my husband and I always consider moving further south since winter lasts a long time here in Massachusetts.
- I workout 3-5 times a week at a gym, plus Yoga and walking my dog. I do it for a release of energy, not body image issues.
- My favorite meal is spaghetti with garlic olive oil sauce, chopped up prosciutto, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- My favorite dessert is crème brulee, followed closely by vanilla cupcakes.
- My favorite breakfast is French toast.
- I love tea and am working on creating my own blends. I dislike coffee because it makes me poop a lot and could probably count on both hands the amount of times I’ve drank it.
- I studied Elvish (Sindarin form) in 10th and 11th grade. I would have gotten by okay if I was thrown in with Elves in Middle Earth, but I don’t think I’d be able to now.
- An extremely embarrassing thing happened to me last week. I texted my old boss about how I had not yet gotten my monthly friend and though I took a pregnancy test, I wondered if it was wrong. However, I had a two pack and decided to test again at the end of the month if there was still no sign. That text was meant for my good friend and so far, it’s one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to me (it’s in the running with the time I sat on chocolate with white pants in middle school. No joke. That happened). I made a joke out of it and told him to submit it to a webpage with mistaken texts but pretty much wanted to die, especially as we both keep in touch and I really like him. Perfect example of why you should NEVER text a boss, ex or current and always stick to email and calling. (If anyone cares, I am not preggo.)
Okay, I don’t think I could come up with any more random facts. I was struggling the last time I did this too, when I played Blog Tag back in May, so perhaps I’m just not very interesting.
Questions from Minavilly
- What is your favorite movie? Is this really a question for me? The Notebook, of course!
- What is your favorite book? Katherine by Anya Seton.
- What is your favorite author? Probably Philippa Gregory. Only because I’ve never read a book by her that I didn’t like. Sure, there have been some I liked more than others, but overall, I’ve always come away satisfied.
- Do you have a favorite fandom? Honestly, these questions were not meant for someone who devotes their blog to Star Wars.
- Favorite Holiday? Christmas, though I hate winter but I like how happy everyone gets around this holiday and seeing old friends.
- Cake or pie? Cake.
- As an adult, do you still dress up for Halloween? Um yes! I go between my Jedi outfit, pirate outfit, renaissance faire dress, and flapper dress.
- Vintage or modern? Ugh, neither. If I had to pick, probably vintage. But I love the countryside cottage look.
- Do you like to shop? NO. I get frustrated and leave if I can’t find what I want within 30 minutes. I’m the worst person to shop with.
- How would you describe yourself? Vivacious. Energetic. Friendly. Organized. But I have a slightly cruel/Machiavellian side that comes out when I see something in it for me.
Okay, here’s where it gets tricky. I actually don’t follow THAT many blogs religiously, though I am working on that. So I’m going to nominate two only.
- TrailerBites. This is one of my friends from high school and I love how he reviews movies based on the trailer. It’s an interesting concept that I don’t think anyone has really done before, and I applaud the innovation here. It’s way more original than my blog (I mean, c’mon, how many more Star Wars blogs do we need?) and I trust his opinion when it comes to movies.
- Hundredaire Socialite. I have no idea if this girl knows I follow her blog, but keep up the good work! I’m enjoying it immensely, though I wish sometimes you would allow comments on all of your posts. I’ve wanted to interact with you to a certain post, but couldn’t, which made me sad.
Now please, don’t feel any pressure to send this award on. I think it’s a nice way to share other people’s blogs, but not necessary at all. I was supposed to nominate 5-10 bloggers, but nope. Just chose two, so do whatever you want.
But, if you do decide to participate, here are my 10 questions for you:
- Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why?
- What’s your favorite Star Wars planet (EU or film)?
- If you didn’t have money, pressures, and obligations upon your life, what would be your dream job?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you prefer a Mac or PC computer? Why?
- What is your favorite font on the computer?
- What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
- What is your most embarrassing moment (no need to share if you don’t want to)?
- What’s your favorite feature of yourself?
- What qualities would you want in an ideal spouse/lover?
Fini. Thanks for the award!